Saturday, December 01, 2007

Do you believe
we've got a picture perfect plan?
'Cos we've got you fooled,
we only do the best we can.
And sometimes we make it,
and sometimes we fake it.
But we get one step closer reaching every day.
And we'll figure it out on the way.


-Lizzie Mcguire Theme song

What angela said really got me thinking.
What do I really want to do in life?
Where am I going?

Time flies past me.
Each and every second whizzes by like a winged horse
Only and unless I harness them all
Can I get them into a concerted effort,
and forge a meaningful purpose in my life.

Life's endless possibilities enthralls me, captures my imagination.
Yet it is this mirade of possibilities that confuses me.
The more I know,
the less I am sure of.
The more I think
the less I know!

What do I want to do with my life?
The dimension of contemplation is littered with even more perplexing questions.
How do I marry different, seemingly incommensurable aspirations I have?
How do I know if I'm up to it?
How do I decide what, where, when,
how?

They say: think! What do you really want?
but then I think I don't really know.

They say: listen to your heart!
but it's not a monologue my heart's in, but a constant dialogue between the heart and the mind.

I guess everyone else must be struggling with questions like these the way I’m struggling with mine.
And I have extracted nothing out of my struggles other than the revelation that the reason for my intense struggle, the reason for all our struggle, is the fact that we only have one shot at this.
1 Life.
1 Try.
No correction tape.

Facts are dead things,
Unchangeable and unchangeable as death.

I'll remember Mrs Serene Ng.
You are
the loving mother,
the cherished friend.
The brilliant teacher that I took for granted.
It's good to know that you are now in a better place.
But for all of us who're still here,
we're missing you.

For all of us who are still here.
The future will continue to beckon with all its mysteries.
And we will continue to do battle with life's constant question of
"what next?"

Do you believe,
we've got a picture-perfect plan?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home